Thursday, February 16, 2012

"But I trust in your unfailing love"

Hello Again!

Just a quick update… the past 2 weeks have been busy!  I’ve been adjusting back into life on campus, going to hospice 3 days a week, attending my 2 am class at Messiah once a week, eating lots of rice and beans, and just overall enjoying the company of the people I’m surrounded by!

God has truly been blessing me through the gift of the people here.  We are a family and the relationships I’m building are enriching my life in ways I didn’t know were imaginable!  God truly is faithful.  One of my favorite psalms that I’ve been reminded of recently is Psalm 13.  At the beginning, the psalmist is questioning God about how long the suffering would last and begging and pleading with God for an end to the spiritually ‘dry’ period.  But, in verse 5-6, it says, “But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation.  I will sing to the Lord for he has been good to me.”  So, amidst the suffering and questions, the fullness of God’s love is realized, his salvation rejoiced in!  While I’m sure adjusting to a new culture and dealing with the unfamiliar is not even comparable to the struggles that the psalmist was going through, I am definitely dealing with questions… questions about my life, questions about the world, questions about God.  But, at the end of the day, all I can say is, “But I trust in your unfailing love.”  And the most powerful testimony to God’s unfailing love is the people he has placed around me to support me when I am far, far away from my regular support system!

As I sit and reflect on the past few weeks, I am excited for the future!  We are preparing to leave in just a few hours for Kapchorwa, Uganda which is in the eastern part of the country.  There we will be living in villages with host families for a week and then spending next weekend (the 24th-26th) on a debrief retreat together at Sipi Falls (don’t quote me on the spelling).  I am looking forward to the break from campus life and to the beauty and simplicity of a different way of life.  The only electronic item I’m bringing (aside from my cell phone for emergencies) is my camera, so I hope to share another corner of beautiful creation with you via some pictures when we get back!

I am so thankful for your prayers and continued support, I would love to hear about how you’re doing and what God is teaching you so feel free to comment or e-mail me! I’ll post again sometime after February 26th… I believe according to my schedule that I owe you a post on birds (I know it sounds strange, but the birds here are pretty awesome)!

Be blessed my friends =)
Ruth

No comments:

Post a Comment