I know it's been a few days that I've been here and not posted, so here it is finally! We arrived safely on Thursday (which was probably your Wednesday). It is so great just to be off an airplane and to finally be warm!! The weather is gorgeous, there are beautiful flowers everywhere, the food smells and tastes delicious, and every Thai person has a huge smile on their face! Chiang Mai is known as the Rose of the North of Thailand, which is known as the Land of Smiles! We were greeted at the airport with warm smiles and Jasmine flower Leis from our Thai buddies, and they have also been a Godsend the whole time we've been here, helping us to buy cell phones and inviting us to have meals with them and such. They are all Chiang Mai University students, as we all are now, too! We are staying in a hotel until next Sunday, which is when we meet our host families!
Friday, we had tours and meetings.... we met the dean of the Faculty of Humanities and the President of the University. We haven't had too much down time, but I have been able to explore some and I am loving it here. I'm so excited to learn the language and become more comfortable and at home in this new, exciting setting.
Today, I will face one of my hugest fears which will be amplified.... I will be riding an ELEPHANT! As some of you may know, I am terrified of horses, so riding an elephant will definitely be a challenge. BUT, I'm up for it =) I'll post tonight or tomorrow morning letting you know how it goes (and, yes, I will try to get a picture for all you who are dying to see me on an elephant ;) )!!
Have a blessed day my friends!
Love in Christ,
Ruth
I am so excited to hear about everything that is going on, and I am so glad that you are having such a wonderful time already!!
ReplyDeleteAnd your mother remains both excited for you and JEALOUS of you! I love you and am very proud of you!
ReplyDelete